- I see standard lengths on your website but can I order custom length profiles as well?
- Are there charges for custom cuts?
- Can you produce custom diameters?
- Is it possible to get custom wrapped tubes?
- Do you offer machining services?
- How easy is it to machine carbon and glass fiber?
- What are the tolerances you can achieve for both diameter as well as length?
- What’s the availability of samples?
- Do you ship internationally?
- What are the different shipping options?
- What is typical lead time on products?
- Can you ship an order in several batches with several invoices?
We stock all our carbon in 8, 10, and 12-foot lengths and cut to the standard sizes we offer on our retail website, www.goodwinds.com. If your application requires a specific length, please contact us by phone or email.
No, we do not charge a cut fee.
Yes, we are capable of delivering custom diameters, but there may be tooling costs and/or minimum orders involved. Contact us for details.
Absolutely, and the minimum orders are be smaller than you might think.
Yes, we do. Examples of what can be done are precision boring, sanding, centerless grinding, OD Groove turning, and CNC milling. Contact us for details, there may be product-specific limitations and options.
How easy is it to machine carbon and glass fiber?
If you’re looking to cut product yourself, a Dremel tool would be the easiest. Drilling carbon and fiberglass is possible as well; a good rule of thumb is to use low pressure and high speed. High Speed Steel and carbide-tipped drill bits are best. Please use eye protection!
Diameter tolerance is +/- 0.005”, our standard length tolerance is 1/16” (0.0625”) on bulk cut, but we can easily achieve 1/32” (0.03125”) and 1/64” (0.015625”) length tolerances on individual precision cuts.
Drop us a line or give us a call, we’d be happy to send you some samples to help you determine what you need.
Yes, we can ship anywhere in the world although there might be certain length restrictions for the most economical shipping methods.
We typically ship UPS or US Postal Service, but can make arrangements for various freight companies or FedEx.
If the products are in stock, count on 1-3 days turnaround time, depending on how busy we are and whether cutting services are required. Custom orders that must be produced typically have a lead time of 6-8 weeks once the specifications are approved.
Various ordering options are possible, depending on your needs and depending on the product. Please contact us for details pertaining to your specific situation.